Events & Announcements
Chile Field Day - August 30, 2016
Middle Rio Grande Valley residents have an opportunity to learn more about raising chile during a chile field day, Tuesday, Aug. 30, at New Mexico State University’s Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas, 1036 Miller Street SW, Los Lunas.
The field day will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. The three-hour program will begin with a welcome at 9 a.m. and field tours beginning at 9:15 am.
The chile field day is free of charge and open to the public. The event is sponsored by NMSU’s College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences’ Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Extension Plant Sciences, Valencia County Cooperative Extension Service and the Leyendecker Plant Science Research Center.
For more information, call Stephanie Walker at 575-646-4398.
Directions to the Los Lunas Agricultural Science Center at 1036 Miller Road
- From Main Street in Los Lunas, turn south on Highway 314.
- Travel approximately 3 miles and turn right (west) on Miller Road.
- Travel approximately 1 mile down Miller Road to the first building on the right-hand (north) side of the road.
11th Annual Fall Farm Festival - October 22, 2016
New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service and the Valencia Co. 4-H Council present:
SAVE THE DATE
11th Annual Fall Farm Festival
- Saturday October 22, 2016;
- NMSU Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas
- 1036 Miller Rd; Los Lunas, NM 87031
Sponsored by: New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service and the Valencia County 4-H Council
For more information call: Vera Gibson (505-565-3002) or visit the Valencia Co. Extension office website